Captini is growing at an explosive pace by every measure - revenues, people, innovation, and customers. As one of the fastest growing startups in the WiFi marketing sector we connected over 30 million guests in 2018 across thousands of hospitality venues around the globe. We are expanding teams across the organisation to revolutionise the hospitality sector and realise our goal of delighting our customers and delivering outstanding customer experiences.
We are looking for an awesome Financial Controller to join our London team. You'll be a Xero ninja, experienced in traditional GAPP accounting practices, and will track and monitor the company’s Unit Economic performance and provide reports on the financial health of the company directly to the board and executive committee. You will be someone who is committed to constantly challenging and improving best practice and enjoys working actively with other members of the team to achieve this.
Responsibilities to include:-
- Critical analysis of processes for payment reconciliation across multiple clients.
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns.
- Processing supplier invoices (digitally scanning through Receipt Bank and entry into Xero).
- Defining and managing company expense processes.
- Processing payments to suppliers and maintaining management of the company’s creditor list.
- Bank reconciliation and reconciliation of PayPal account transactions.
- Review income recognition on a monthly basis and make appropriate entries to deferred/accrued income.
- Regular balance sheet reconciliation.
- Raising invoices to clients in multiple currencies, maintaining debtors list and chasing prompt payments.
- Up to date processing and maintenance of Management Accounts.
- Departmental budget tracking and management.
- Creation of monthly financial reports for senior management.
- Develop KPI’s, dashboards and reporting for management reviews.
- Management of expense processes and P11D processing.
- Management of company pension scheme.
- Officially recognised accountancy qualification (or be in the process of training for one).
- Minimum of 2+ years in a similar commercial position.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of working with Xero.
- Experience in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel.
- Experience in working company tax affairs, particularly VAT.
- Dependable team worker who builds strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to work to and achieve targets efficiently.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills when communicating internally & externally.
- Organised and hard working with an attention to detail.
- Fast learner with new systems or company processes.
- Friendly, helpful and supportive manner.
- Experience of working with subscription based billing systems
- Experience of working in technology companies.
- Experience of working with multiple currencies.
Why you’ll love working at Captini
We are a diverse team of around 40 people based in super cool offices near Shoreditch, London and Brickell, Miami. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.We’re also a community that believes in development and promotion from within. As a rapidly expanding business, there will be continued opportunities for progression.
We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options and pension plan. We believe in flexible working and offer all team members unlimited holidays and host regular company get-togethers and quarterly socials. We have weekly catered lunches and of course, fully stocked fridges and cold brew on tap.
Think you fit the bill? We'd love to hear from you!